- As you arrive at the dock you will board the 71-foot Catamaran ‘Manta Raya’ for an unforgettable trip to Tortuga Island (Turtle Island).
- Tortuga is an island paradise with white sand beaches, coconut palms, and a beautiful clear blue ocean. It is located in the Golf of Nicoya on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.
- En route to Tortuga, as you cruise along the calm waters of the gulf, there is always the possibility of spotting dolphins, sea turtles, and aquatic birds.
- Once at Tortuga Island you can bask in the gorgeous white sand beaches, take a swim in the inviting ocean, walk on the adventurous island trails or take an optional tour.
- A delicious lunch will be served right on the beach, including chilled white wine and live marimba music.
- The ‘Manta Raya’ has an expansive deck area where you can talk with friends or make new friends. It also features fresh water showers and a bow ramp allowing for an easy arrival directly on the beach.
For this tour you will be transferred from your hotel to Puntarenas to enjoy a typical delicious breakfast at the pier and right before departing. You will board the 71-foot Catamaran ‘Manta Raya’ for an unforgettable trip to Tortuga Island (Turtle Island) in the Golf of Nicoya.
During the boat ride you may get the chance to see some marine wildlife. Once at Tortuga Island you can bask in the gorgeous white sand beaches, take a swim in the inviting ocean, walk on the adventurous island trails or take an optional tour. This tour includes all transport.
Transportation, bilingual guide, typical Costa Rican breakfast, complimentary service onboard ‘Manta Raya’, freshly brewed Costa Rican coffee, selection of fresh tropical fruits, cold fruit juice and soft drinks, lunch, snorkeling outing & banana boat
- Light comfortable clothes
How long is the boat ride?
The catamaran will be going across the Nicoya Gulf, and if there is nothing unusual (Like spotting whales or dolphins), it will take about two hours to get to the island.
How long do we stay in the island?
Four to five hours, unless there is pouring rain and the passengers agree in leaving earlier.
If i do not know how to swim, do you recommend this tour?
Yes! The catamaran is perfectly safe and there are plenty of life vests in case of an emergency.
What we would not recommend to do if you do not know how to swim, is to take the included snorkeling tour.
Are there shops in the island or on the catamaran?
There is one souvenir shop on the island and quite pricey, and there si no store on board of the catamaran. So, our recommendation is to bring everything you need with you.
Can I pay for the extra drinks with credit card?
Yes! All major credit cards are accepted.
Not recommended for people with photo sensitivity (Sun allergy).