- When night falls, a new world awakens within the trees since great part of the resident wildlife is much more active during the night.
- Visitors will be able to observe nocturnal animals when they wake as well as spot day animals when they seek out their burrows and nests.
- You will be handed a flashlight and in the company of an expert guide, you will head down forest trails in the deepening shadows.
- You will also be given an animal identification card, allowing you to recognize the wildlife specimens you encounter.
- Among the wildlife you may encounter you will find insects, amphibians, snakes, spiders (most especially, hole-dwelling tarantulas), blue-crowned mot mots, agoutis, porcupines, tree frogs, and more.
- Your guide will provide information concerning wildlife habits (feeding and breeding) and explain why they are better suited to the dark.
The Monteverde Night Tour will take you on a visit to an 11ha/27acre reserve in the heart of the cloud forest.
You will be handed a flashlight and in the company of an expert guide and you will head down forest trails in the deepening shadows. You will also be given an animal identification card providing information concerning the animals you are likely to spot, and in conjunction with the interesting details your guide will provide during the walk, you will learn more about the night time cloud forest than ever before.
Entrance fee, bilingual naturalist guide, transportation.
Comfortable shoes (good track shoes), trousers, camera, rain gear (especially if it looks cloudy), and bottled wáter.
What if it rains?
Unless there is a lightning storm or strong winds the tour goes. Please bring your rain gear.
Can I take pictures with flash?
Usually is not allowed as the animals sight can suffer. However you can ask your guide.
Not recommended for pregnancy, persons with heart and bone disease, and any other physical suffering.