La Paloma is a small nature-oriented lodge located in Drake’s Bay, near Corcovado National Park. It is about an 6 hour trip via ground and boat transportation or a 40 minute flight from San Jose. Sitting on top of a cliff, the lodge is blessed by a refreshing sea breeze and a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean and Caño Island.
- Great for birdwatchers, nature lovers and photographers.
- Also for honeymooners that are into nature.
- Lots of variety of sea life, not as much coral as on the Caribbean side, but more fish diversity around Cano Island.
- Excellent option for clients looking for a sophisticated, secluded place to relax set in a natural tropical environment.
- Not recommended for small children, as there are not many suitable activities available, and also due to the hotel’s quiet atmosphere.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, and swimming pool.
7 deluxe ranchos (large thatched roofed cabins) that comfortably hold from 2 to 5 guests. These are two story rooms; on the upper floor is a king bed with a private bathroom while on the first floor guests can find one queen bed and one single sharing a bathroom.
La Paloma Lodge
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism Program – CST – is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board and it is regulated by the Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission. The certification is based on an accreditation of a scale of 5 “levels” of sustainable tourism achievement.
CST gives you reliable information regarding companies that make efforts to improve their management and operations to offer a sustainable product. It is also a good tool to differentiate those companies that are truly engaged with sustainable practices, from others that claim to be sustainable but are inconsistent in their actions.
The range of prices scale is based on the following criteria:
$ Refers to Budget accommodation: ranging from $70-100
$$ Medium: $100 – 150
$$$ Upscale: $150 – 200
$$$$ Premium: $200+
These measures are meant to be used as a reference only and they are calculated on double occupancy, standard room, quoted in U.S. Dollars and include a 13% sales tax; on both high and low seasons.
You can always refer to these prices as selection criteria.