Five things to acknowledge about this tour:
1. You will travel through the most beautiful winding road of Costa Rica traversing fertile lands where all types and forms of crops are grown, all the while affording a spectacular panoramic view of the surrounding hills and valleys.
2. You will walk right up to the edge of the volcano’s craters and get to drink in the grandeur of the natural surroundings.
3. Afterwards, you will stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica. This is a famous pilgrimage site for many believers.
4. Lankester Gardens, these gardens protect more than 800 species of orchids, bromeliads, and countless species of other plants.
5. Valley of Orosi, an area that overflows with unparalleled beauty.
First off, you will visit the impressive Irazú Volcano. You will walk right up to the edge of the volcano’s craters and get to drink in the grandeur of the natural surroundings.
Afterwards, you will descend to the city of Cartago and stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica (a famous catholic pilgrimage site), with its large vaulted ceilings and exquisite examples of stained glass windows.
Next you will visit Lankester Gardens, a center that protects over 800 species of plants. You will walk on trails through the gardens and get to admire some of Costa Rica’s rich flora.
For your final stop you will head to Orosi Valley, where you will visit one of the few remaining authentic colonial churches in the country. Here you will enjoy a scrumptious traditional lunch at one of the local restaurants. Total tour time: full day.
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fee to Irazu Volcano National Park
- Entrance fee to Lankester Gardens
- Comfortable shoes
The Irazu Volcano is over 11000 feet (3,434 mts) above sea level. Is it dangerous if I have a heart condition?
Yes, it may be dangerous if you have high blood pressure (hypertension). The best is to tell your tour guide and stay at a restaurant on the way to the volcano. The rest of the trip you will be safe.
What's is the weather like?
The tour goes to different climates. From the high Irazu Volcano at 11,000 feet high, where the temperature may fall down to 40°-50° F (5°-12°C) to the Orosi Valley where temperature is very mild (70° F – 20° C).
Is the Irazu Volcano active?
It shows a very mild activity with a few little fumaroles.
If there are expenses, can I pay with credit card?
All major credit cards are accepted.
Going up to the Irazu Volcano can be hazardous for people with hypertension. It is better to stay at a restaurant on the way up.