- The Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge is located on the Caribbean Coast, near the Panamanian border, and hosts an immense diversity of flora and fauna. .
- In Gandoca- Manzanillo, the forest in its majority is very diverse and colorful.
- You will have the chance to observe some of the wild inhabitants of the rainforest, including: toucans, trogons, jacamar, as well as mammals like the two and three toed sloth, and monkeys.
- Gandoca is one of the most important nesting spots in the world for the leather back turtle.
- In addition, you will be able to experience the harmony and environmentally-friendly lifestyle of the local Afro-Caribbean and indigenous cultures.
During this tour you will visit Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge, one of the most important nesting spots in the world for the leatherback turtle. You will take a walk through the rainforest, spotting some of the magnificent and diverse wildlife of the locality as well as appreciate the scenic beauty.
Round trip transportation, bilingual guides, fresh tropical fruits snack, bottled water, and a Caribbean lunch.
Hat or cap, sunblock, insect repellent, sneakers or strap-sandals, bathing suit, towel, sun glasses, and camera.
How long is the walk?
Around 2 to 3 hours.
Can I pay for any extra expenses with credit card?
Our recommendation is to bring cash.
You should be in good physical condition as the hike is in a hot and humid area.