- Don Juan Farm Tour is an amazing experience to learn about a totally organic way to cultivate several types of plants.
- The tour is given by Don Juan, a former school principal who has been dedicated to this project for decades already.
- You will see, touch, smell and flavor several of the herbs and fruits planted.
- This tour will take you on a guided visit to a local organic farm, located at the foot of Arenal Volcano.
- You will learn how methane gas and compost are produced from organic products on the farm and get the chance to harvest some of the crops.
- Visitors have the opportunity to taste the farm’s products and discover organic cultivation methods. The finale of the tour is the troja (sugar cane press), a place where participants can process sugar cane in a manual press.
- In addition to enjoying fresh sugar cane juice, sugar cane products are sampled in the form of a candy called sobado and guaro liquor.
Guide and hands on experience and tour.
Tennis shoes, light clothing, trousers, sun block, hat, sun glasses, insect repellent, and camera.
Is there much walking involved?
No, there is a bit, but it is all flat.
Is there lunch included?
When you book the tour ask for that option. Lunch ingredients are fresh from the farm and the taste is amazing!