Day 1 Arrival in San José. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to your hotel
Day 2 Tour of your choice: Pacuare River Rafting, Rainforest Aerial Tram, Irazú Volcano, Lankaster Gardens and Orosi Valley.
Day 3 Travel Day to Tortuguero. Tortuguero Town tour.
Day 4 Tortuguero National Park Tour
Day 5 Travel day to Arenal Volcano area.
Day 6 Morning at leisure – Arenal National Park walk and Hot Springs and Dinner.
Day 7 Travel day to Tamarindo Beach
Day 8 Days at leisure in Tamarindo for optional activities such as fishing, diving, horseback riding, hiking or just relaxing on the beach.
Day 9 Days at leisure in Tamarindo for optional activities such as fishing, diving, horseback riding, hiking or just relaxing on the beach.
Day 10 Travel day to San José
Day 11 Transfer to the Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Meet & greet upon arrival
• Accommodation as specified
• Ground Transfers or Rental Car
• Tour of your choice on day 2
• Guided excursions in Tortuguero including boat transportation
• Guided tour to the Arenal Volcano National Park and Ecotermales Hot Springs
• One way flight Tamarindo – San José
• Meals as specified each day: B, L or D
• Entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park
• Map and information kit
• All taxes
• Does not include optional activities
Arrival in San José. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to the hotel of your choice.
(B) Today, you will have the option of choosing one of the following day excursions according to your interest:
- Rainforest Aerial Tram: the Aerial Tram was built in the middle a virgin rainforest reserve only 1 hour drive from San José. The tram takes visitors on a 90 minute guided ride over the canopy of a rainforest. The tour also includes a short-guided walk in the trails and a brief lecture on the forest and the project. The tour includes transportation, naturalist guide and the tram ride.
- Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV: the crisp clear water of the Pacuare, Latin America’s first Wild and Scenic River, offers some of the finest whitewater in the world, providing the adventurous rafter with a ride of great natural beauty. Trip length: San Martin to Siquirres, 18 miles. The tour includes transportation, breakfast, lunch, gear and specialized bilingual guide.
- Irazú Volcano, Lankaster Gardens and Orosi Valley: the Irazú, presently dormant, is the highest volcano in Costa Rica. It tops out at 3432 meters and features a windswept 100-meter-deep main crater with a mineral-tinted lake. On clear days, visitors might see both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts from the viewpoint at the summit. The second stop will be Lankaster Botanical Gardens, which offers a great variety of orchids and a colourful display of tropical plants. The tour will end with a visit to the evergreen Orosi Valley featuring extensive coffee plantations and some remains of the colonial heritage of the country. The tour includes transportation, bilingual guide, entrance fees and lunch.
(B, L, D) Early in the morning, you will travel by bus through the mountains and rainforests of the Braulio Carrillo National Park until the village of Siquirres on the Caribbean lowlands. Once there, you will board the boat and continue along the canals that run parallel to the Caribbean Coast. Tortuguero National Park will be your final destination. During the afternoon visit to the Turtle Museum and the picturesque Tortuguero village.
(B, L, D) After breakfast travel along the Tortuguero Canals which are ideal to spot the wildlife of the area. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy the private trails of the lodge, ride a boat through the canals (at an additional cost) or just relax by the swimming pool.
(B, L) After breakfast, you will return by boat to Caño Blanco, from where you will be transferred by land to the Arenal Volcano area in the northern lowlands (4 hours drive).
(B) Free morning for optional activities. Late in the afternoon, our local guided will meet you for a tour to the Arenal Volcano National Park, where you will observe the impact of recent volcanic eruptions in the vegetation and pasturelands on the skirts of the volcano. The Arenal, which has been in constant activity for more than 30 years, is definitively the main attraction in this area. After visiting the volcano, you will have a chance to take a relaxing dip at Ecotermales Hot Springs.
(B) After breakfast, transfer to Tamarindo Beach, a superb swimming beach on the North-Pacific coast, located about 4 hours drive from Arenal.
(B) Days at leisure in Tamarindo for optional activities such as fishing, diving, horseback riding, hiking or just relaxing on the beach.
(B) Around mid-morning you will return to San José by plane (50-minute flight). Upon arrival, transfer to Hotel.
(B) Transfer to the international airport.
**Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% exact price when you inquire a Camino Travel Consultant. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic private transport, tours and accommodation as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.