I’ve stayed in Kioro a total of five times. Alone, with my husband and with the whole family. In business, on inspection and in vacation… And I must say that every single time it has been with a smile on the way in, a pleasure while there and an inmediate desire to come back when I leave.
Now… let me give you ten reasons that make Kioro a place worth to pay for and stay as much as possible:
1. Location, location, location! It is 5 kilometers away form the top of the mountain. Probably the closest to the volcano that there is in the area.
2. The rooms: .A full wall of windows and sliding glass doors look directly at the Arenal Volcano without any obstructions or other buildings in your view.(All rooms were built using laser points not to miss a thing from anywhere in the suites).
And they are comfortable You know.. sometimes you read in reviews, that you don’t come to Costa Rica to stay in the room anyways.. Well! In Kioro you do want to stay in the room!
And they are private: The rooms are super private… An architects secret here… But somehow it feels like you are alone in heaven.
And they all have a large jacuzzi in room… and facing the volcano. All suites feature a large jacuzzi from where you can simply sit and enjoy the view.
3. Hot Springs on site: There are two areas for hot springs in the hotel: One of them on site and the other one, called Titoku that sits in the area where the main hot spring projects are located at. Small, clean, private and nice.
4. It is truly ecofriendly: It has four leaves in the CST (Certification of Sustainable Travel) given by the Costa Rican Tourism Board and nowadays… this alone should be a good reason!
6. Gardens The hotel has these great green areas where you can take a walk, sit to read or for children to play. In terms of the plants it is like being in a botanical garden! So diverse, so many colors… and so many hummingbirds and butterlies visiting!
7. Restaurant: Great international cuisine served by extremely friendly staff. Breakfasts have a marvelous array of choices buffet-style
8. Staff: English speakers, they are always smiling and enthusiastic when helping.
9.The spa So beautiful and so peaceful… No artifical sounds needed, it is all there! A compulsory treat for anyone staying in Kioro!
10. Fantastic hub to do activities in Arenal. Close enough to do everything but far enough as to enjoy the forest and silence.