Horseback ride through rain forest and to La Fortuna Waterfall
[justified_image_grid preset=1 ids=33848,33849,33850,33851,33852,33853 last_row=hide]
For the Horseback Ride to la Fortuna Waterfall you will depart from Aventura Arenal’s modern stables, where one of our professional guides will prepare you for your ride and provide all pertinent information about the route you will be taking.
This horseback ride lasts around 3 hours.
It starts at the foot of the mountain, traversing secondary rainforest terrains, cattle fields, and crossing a splendid primary forest before reaching a beautiful lagoon. There you will refresh your horses before continuing the journey. Afterwards, you will continue to ascend, gaining an impressive view of the surrounding area. You will make a stop at a well to water your horses before making the final ascent.
You will reach the summit of the mountain and its lookout point. This spot is the closest to Arenal Volcano permitted. Once you have taken in the beautiful view, you will start the journey back and descend down the mountain. You will end the tour at La Fortuna waterfall, where you can enjoy a refreshing dip in its natural pool.
Four things to acknowledge about this tour:
1. No horseback riding experience needed.
2. Horseback riding is a fun, thrilling activity, but you must listen to the instructions and if, by any chance you don’t understand something (English is the tour guides second language), ask questions.
2. Even in the sunny season it may be rainy.Don’t forget your bathing suit, so you can get in the river near the waterfall!
3. It’s important to realize that this is an open tour. If you are an experienced rider and you want something more adventurous regarding the horses, please let us know in advance. The horses for the open tour are very tamed and usually quieter.
4. Long pants and closed shoes are recommended. No flip flops.
5. The way out of la Fortuna Waterfall involves stair climbing.
- Bilingual Tour Guides
- Bathing suit
- Water shoes, strap sandals or hiking shoes
- Fast drying clothes (wet suits or synthetic wear is preferable)
- A change of clothes.
Do I have to be really fit to do this tour?
Not really but a good physical condition helps in the waterfall part.
How safe is this tour?
Horses always imply a risk, however they are very tamed and used to tourists. As well as you will be wearing a helmet at all times.
In order to do this tour you have to be in good health condition.