Costa Rica’s Central Valley and surrounding highlands form the cultural and geographical base of the country. It consists of a fertile upland basin inhabited by approximately two-thirds of the country’s population. It is also home to the four most important cities in the country: San Jose, the capital city of Costa Rica, and the provincial capitals of Cartago, Heredia and Alajuela. Each of these urban centres possesses its own character and sense of identity, and together they form the most economically productive region of the country.
From the Central Valley you can do everything! From business to extreme adventure, hiking and rafting! Just ask! We will have a choice for you!
- Turquoise blue & green craters of Irazú and Poás Volcanoes.
• The thrill of paddling on river rapids!
• Hopping from shop to shop in the colorful art craft town of Sarchí.
• Dining and enjoying San José’s nightlife.
• Spotting Quetzals in the misty and colorful Savegre Valley.
• Agronomical plantations in Turrialba.
• Breathtaking views of waterfalls and butterflies in Eastern Central Valley.
• Discovering Costa Rica’s culture in art and history museums.
The place where culture, nature, and adventures collide. A perfect hub.