Luna Lodge is located in the secluded and pristine Osa Peninsula, on the Southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The lodge sits approximately 416kms/258miles from San José, around an 8 hour drive away. Alternatively, there are daily 1hr long flights available to/from the nearby Puerto Jimenez.
Luna Lodge is located within 60ha/150acres of privately owned tropical wilderness. It is lushly landscaped with an abundance of fruit trees and the lovely tropical flowers. The large communal rancho houses the hotel restaurant, bar, reception, library, and gift shop.
- Luna Lodge is located within 60ha/150acres of privately owned tropical wilderness.
- Its restaurant El Eclipse Total, produce and uses herbs grown on the property to create a distinctly unique twist on international and local cuisine.
- The lodge features a full-service spa that focuses on holistic treatments (such as mud wraps, massage therapy, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, etc.).
- Yoga and Latin dance lessons are available.
- The hotel’s retreat centre offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean. It is ideal for groups interesting in yoga, tai chi, meditation, massage therapy or language studies.
- A lot of activities can be enjoyed in the area, including hiking, swimming, surfing, kayaking, canopy tours, whale watching, sports fishing, hiking expeditions to Corcovado National Park, and much more.
- Gift shop
- Nature trails
- Swimming pool
- Retreat centre.
Luna Lodge offers comfortable, cool, spacious, thatched roof Bungalows immersed in the middle of the tropical forest. Each Bungalow features its own private deck out front, also covered by the same palm roof, for enjoyment in any weather. Each bungalow is outfitted with two double beds; one bungalow is outfitted with a king sized bed, serving as a honeymoon suite.
Amenities: private bathroom with bathtub and outdoor shower, hot water, and front deck with garden and forest views.
Luna Lodge’s Hacienda style rooms are closer to the hotel’s main building than the Bungalows. Designed with a colonial motif, these spacious rooms offer splendid views of the surroundings from a front porch equipped with a hammock. Featuring private bathrooms, Hacienda Style rooms are outfitted with one double bed and one single bed.
Amenities: private bathroom, hot water, and front porch with hammock boasting garden and forest views.
The completely enclosed Nature Lover Tents offer a rustic yet comfortable opportunity to experience the natural environment first hand. The large tents sit on a wooden platform and feature a front balcony equipped with chairs overlooking the canopy of the surrounding rainforest. The tents are outfitted with one double bed or two single beds and feature a private bathroom with hot wáter.
Amenities: private bathroom, hot water, and front porch with chairs boasting rainforest views.
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism Program – CST – is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board and it is regulated by the Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission. The certification is based on an accreditation of a scale of 5 “levels” of sustainable tourism achievement.
CST gives you reliable information regarding companies that make efforts to improve their management and operations to offer a sustainable product. It is also a good tool to differentiate those companies that are truly engaged with sustainable practices, from others that claim to be sustainable but are inconsistent in their actions.
The range of prices scale is based on the following criteria:
$ Refers to Budget accommodation: ranging from $70-100
$$ Medium: $100 – 150
$$$ Upscale: $150 – 200
$$$$ Premium: $200+
These measures are meant to be used as a reference only and they are calculated on double occupancy, standard room, quoted in U.S. Dollars and include a 13% sales tax; on both high and low seasons.
You can always refer to these prices as selection criteria.