- Take the same security precautions
as in any big city.
- You can find from small boutique hotels
to big hotels in this region.
- Most economic and health services
(banks, and hospitals) are located here.
- All embassies and consulates are found
in San José.
- Insect repellent is a must.
- Do not feed monkeys or animals in
- When driving, do not leave luggage
unattended if you stop at sightseeing points.
- Those with tendency to dizziness should
consider taking pills before traveling.
- Enjoy the ocean safely.
- Bring insect repellent!
- Always remain on the trails in Corcovado.
If flying to the South Pacific, pack
no more than 12 Kg (25 lb.) per person (see
- In some parks overnight lodging is
- Always follow the trails.
- Always carry fresh water. and some
sweets with you
- Insect repellent might be necessary.
- Contact us for details on particular
- You can find the identification cards
in several souvenir shops in Costa Rica.
- Have an easy-going attitude when birding:
expect the least to obtain the most.
- Bring binoculars, camera with a good
lens (recommended), tripod (optional).
- Be as silent as possible when walking
- Use comfortable hiking shoes
- Do not wear sandals or shoes that
can slip off
- Put on insect repellent: forests are
- Listen carefully to the guide’s
instructions and warnings
- Indicate with anticipation any dietary
or physical restrictions.
- Purchase a good travel insurance
flashlight/torch, handy tools, bike parts, helmet, gloves,
bottle for water, fluorescent clothing.
Diving in Costa Rica
Bring complete dry extra clothing,
shoes and towel to change at the take out point.
- Follow the guide’s instructions;
rafting is essentially a teamwork activity.
- Pack a light sweater; you will return
to your hotel during the evening.
rafting trip in the Pacuare or Sarapiquí rivers,
you can continue towards the southern Caribbean, the Northern
Lowlands, or return to San José.
in the Tropics
If you are traveling with a non-golfer,
let us know and we will be happy to design a customized
trip where all travelers can enjoy Costa Rica
Golf can be
practiced all year-round in Costa Rica, but the best months
are from December to April
Riding and Equestrian Activities
Some horseback riding companies have
weight restrictions for their tours. Make sure you give
us your weight and height so that we can advise you accordingly.
It is very
useful to be familiarized with horseback riding when you
come. Please let us know if it is your first time in this