Families with seniors
Traveling can be an excellent way for your family to share and enjoy. the age does not matter; in Costa Rica and through Camino Travel you will be able to find a little for each taste. Costa Rica offers several destinations and tours especially for seniors, where the adventure and security are mixed perfectly, so they all can enjoy while they discover the wonders that this small paradise offers!
To travel and to know new places can be an excellent therapy and experience for the whole family. Seniors will have the opportunity to integrate themselves in an activity with the family, at the same time they can increase their capacity to express themselves, to participate and to communicate. It is said that all seniors who travel, improve their well-being in general.
In Costa Rica, little by little, there are policies and facilities so that seniors can enjoy a full life and with autonomy; this has benefited the country's tourism industry, which offers some facilities and attractions adapted to the needs of families who travel with children, teenagers, adults and/or seniors.
Whether you look for a mountain atmosphere, beach or a combination of both, in Costa Rica you can have the perfect balance between adventure and relaxation, besides you will have the opportunity to know more about Costa Rican culture and traditions. Contact us now and let us recommend you the best options to create an itinerary that fits your needs and desires!
Useful information and suggestions for seniors:
- If necessary, it is important that you take your time to arrive on time at the airport.
- If you are taking some medication, bring it with you or bring your doctor's prescription with the generic name of the medicines in case that the brand you use at home is not available.
- In case you suffer from asthma, diabetes or high arterial pressure, bring documents where your condition is explained, also inform us in order to assist you in case of emergency.
- If when you travel you experience a very drastic change in your schedule, try to eat light the day of departure, have enough liquids and avoid the consumption of spirits. Also try to do some exercise before boarding the airplane, for example, walk a little in the waiting room. Try not to remain seated all the waiting time before you board the plane.
- It is important that if you use lenses, have an extra set of lenses; this way, if you lose them or break them, you will not have problems to continue enjoying your holidays to the maximum.
- Use suntan oil or solar protection, in order to prevent skin cancer you must use sun blocking cream with a solar protection factor 15, as a minimum, and avoid exposing yourself directly to the sun between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Also you can use clothes that protect you, hats or caps, and remember to use waterproof sun block if you are entering in the sea or a swimming pool. Do not forget your sun glasses either to prevent eye cataracts or any damage in the retina.
- Pack taking into consideration the places you will visit and the type of activities that you are going to do. For this, we recommend you to study your itinerary, where usually are some recommendations of what to bring; because although it might be warmth, some areas may get very cold.
- It is a good idea that before traveling you get a medical insurance that covers you while abroad.