Families with small children
At Camino Travel we have in our team, family parents who are familiarized with trips with small children. As a result of this, for us it is fundamental to offer services that are adapted to the parent needs as well as the little ones.
Contact us and let us design an itinerary with a suitable balance of activities and the best places for your family holidays. We also will suggest which activities are most suitable, as well as the hotel policies for children.
To travel with children certainly requires of special care and a minimum of the basic attentions. Nevertheless, the efforts that parents can make are nothing compared to the great impact that this type of trips will have in your children, stimulating their knowledge and tolerance to the cultural difference and promoting an open-mind, sensitivity to everything that is new and independence.
Nowadays, many hotels and lodges have developed an infrastructure according to the family needs, mainly offering entertainment options for the little ones, such as swimming pools, gardens and areas where they can play, ping-pong boards and table games. Most of the hotels offer reduced special prices for families who travel with young children, whenever they share the room with their parents; babies and small children normally stay for free. The age limit for these discounts varies from hotel to hotel.
Some hotels have created their particular lodging concept and are conceived mainly for couples and adults, not allowing young children in their properties. Also, many tours are not recommended for children of certain ages, since the involved activities can be very risky for them.
Much more than the single hotel facilities, Costa Rica is a country that definitively is worth visiting with the family, since it can be a wonderful way to learn about ecology by living it and to promote a conscience towards environment on the children. In addition, familiar vacations can combine all this learning, with a good amount of beach, fun and relaxation: irresistible for the children and necessary for the parents!
Useful information for parents who travel with children
- Try to be on time at the airport to avoid rushing with the children.
- If you have reserved tours and/or transfers, prepare the whole family to respect pick up times for the different activities.
- Take wet or small towels with you.
- Take some Dramamine with you or any other pills for dizziness, especially if you are taking a long trip.
- Do not try to have an agitated vacation full of activities and visits to many regions in few days: children need to rest and some time to play and settle to each new place they visit.
- You can find wet towels, moisturizing creams, sun block lotions and lip moisturizing creams in stores and drugstores around the country. Consider this information if you do not want to pack too many things.
- Allow your children (ages 4-5) to take their own small backpack with their basic implements (pencils, crayons, coloring books); you will encourage their sense of responsibility and care of their things and they will feel truly involved in the family adventure!
- We recommend that you take on your way back home, some coloring books and other Children literature about Costa Rica. This way, the children can learn more about the country they just visited, while they will remember the recent experiences, so the trip will not finish at the moment when you take the airplane back home!
- Take some playing cards, a game of domino and coloring books to keep your children active and not let them become bored during the long trips. If it is possible, try to get in touch with local people; the children worldwide seem get along well with other children, it does not matter what language or differences in the daily life they may have. The contact between local children and people can stimulate the cultural tolerance in your family.