Hotel Presidente is a four-star hotel in the heart of downtown San José, located on the corner of the Central Avenue Pedestrian Boulevard and Seventh Street. It is just 10 miles (or a 20 minute drive) from Juan Santamaría International Airport.
This contemporary boutique hotel counts with 91 beautifully appointed rooms and spacious suites designed with chic décor, comfortable furnishings, and modern amenities.
- Great choice for travelers looking for accommodation in a strategic location, with the possibility of exploring San José on foot.
- It is not recommended for children, since there are no special facilities available (for example: swimming pool or game room).
- Very close to the National Theater, the Gold Museum, the National Museum and to the new Jade Museum. It is a good idea to stay at least a day to use this advantage.
- A few blocks up the boulevard (Towards the National Theater) there is the Central Market. Super worth it to pay a visit.
- If you happen to be in San Jose on Saturday find in reception if the Enamorate de mi Ciudad festival is on (Fall in love with my city Festival is an art and artisans festival that takes places only a few blocks away from the hotel). Or on Wednesday night, find out if there is the Art City Tour, which is an opportunity to get into all museums free at night.
Among the facilities of the hotel the guest can find a Front desk services with 24-hour Assistance, Currency Exchange (U.S. Dollars, Euros and Traveler’s Checks), Wake-Up Service, and Complimentary Luggage Storage, Parking Garage, Ice Machines, Cardio & Fitness Room, Rain Forest Spa, Two-floor Fiesta Casino.
Standard Rooms are ideal for both business and leisure travelers seeking a unique retreat in San Jose.
This spacious 480 foot square foot room features comfortable king bed or two full beds, premium mattress and high thread linens, 32″ LCD TV, wireless internet, work desk, and , laptop size safe. Slip into lavish bathrooms with a two-person Jacuzzi and mix a refreshing cocktail from the mini bar and relax in the lovely lounging area.
Enjoy a restful night’s sleep in the plush king-size bed with premium mattress and high thread count linens.
Grand Spa Suites feature a plush king bed with premium mattress and high thread count linens and a luxurious bathroom with a glass enclosed, two-person Jacuzzi. Relax with a drink from the mini bar in the comfortable living room. Watch a movie on the 32″ LCD TV, and savor views of San Jose’s Central Mountain chain.
- 32″ LCD TV With Cable Programming
- Alarm Clock Radio
- Balcony (Suites)
- Breakfast Buffet at the Cafeteria
- Cable/Satellite TV With Premium Channels
- Complimentary Toiletries
- Desk & Chair
- Electronic/Magnetic Keys
- Food & Beverage Room Service
- Hair Dryer
- Iron/Ironing board (upon request)
- Jetted Tubs (Spa Rooms)
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning
- Living Rooms (Suites)
- Luxurious Bathrooms
- Mini Bar
- Premium Beds, Mattresses & Linens
- Rollaway Beds (upon request)
- Safe (Accommodates Laptops)
- Silent Air Conditioning
- Telephones With Voicemail & International Calling
- Wake Up Calls
- Wired Internet Access
- Views of City & Mountains (Suites)
Non Smoking Policy: Due to Costa Rican law, city hotels are non smoking facilities.
Visitors Policy: As a safety and securtity measure, access to the guestroom floors of the Hotel is limited to registered guests only. Visitors are welcome to our ground level facilities and services.
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism Program – CST – is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board and it is regulated by the Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission. The certification is based on an accreditation of a scale of 5 “levels” of sustainable tourism achievement.
CST gives you reliable information regarding companies that make efforts to improve their management and operations to offer a sustainable product. It is also a good tool to differentiate those companies that are truly engaged with sustainable practices, from others that claim to be sustainable but are inconsistent in their actions.
The range of prices scale is based on the following criteria:
$ Refers to Budget accommodation: ranging from $70-100
$$ Medium: $100 – 150
$$$ Upscale: $150 – 200
$$$$ Premium: $200+
These measures are meant to be used as a reference only and they are calculated on double occupancy, standard room, quoted in U.S. Dollars and include a 13% sales tax; on both high and low seasons.
You can always refer to these prices as selection criteria.