Hotel Capitan Suizo is located directly on the beach in a privileged area, outside of town and at the end of the bay. Despite the growing and development of this little fisherman village and its surroundings, Capitán Suizo has maintained its original philosophy that includes the protection of native trees and green areas.
Thanks to a discreet elegance and a touch of Swiss quality with an informal and joyful atmosphere, this hotel is the ideal oasis to rest, relax and get away from the daily routine.
- In the open-air beachfront “a la carte” Restaurant, the chef has been delighting the guests since the opening of the hotel with his fusion of European cuisine and tropical influence. A great deal of importance is given to fresh ingredients and cooking “a la minute”.
- The management and the whole team are constantly working on improving in order to offer the most unforgettable holiday experience they can to their guests.
- Very fine hotel with elegant design; most suitable for couples and families looking for comfort, relaxation and quality services. This hotel is one of the best options in Tamarindo.
- Year Built 1992
- Outdoor pool
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Gift shop
- Total number of rooms – 35
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Free WiFi in common areas
- Spa treatment room(s)
- One meeting room
- Bell Boys
- Luggage storage
- Free self parking
The 11 superior rooms located on the upper floor were built on a high level to keep them fresh by means of natural air circulation. They are ideal for people that prefer “a natural life” and they are called “Ocean Breeze Superior Rooms”.
The 6 bungalows are individually set amongst nature. In 2005 they were remodeled and equipped with air conditioning as an option for those who prefer it.
Every unit has a large private terrace with a hammock. The spacious bathrooms have a double whirlpool bath and an outside shower with hot water.
While having the same design and facilities as the Bungalows with air conditioning and the Ocean Breeze Bungalows, two of our bungalows have the privilege of being located directly in front of the beach. The ocean front terrace is ideal for a romantic, private candlelight dinner.
The suite has wide sliding glass doors that fully open in such a way that the extensive wooden terrace is incorporated into the unit. This allows for a unique ocean view and it is perfect for romantic candlelight dinners or relaxing moments in the hammocks.
The wide balcony, featuring a hammock, is also ideal for relaxing moments and romantic candle light dinners.
Capitan Suizo Room Amenities
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Room service
- Balcony or patio
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Sofa bed
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Sofa bed size
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Separate bedroom
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism Program – CST – is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board and it is regulated by the Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission. The certification is based on an accreditation of a scale of 5 “levels” of sustainable tourism achievement.
CST gives you reliable information regarding companies that make efforts to improve their management and operations to offer a sustainable product. It is also a good tool to differentiate those companies that are truly engaged with sustainable practices, from others that claim to be sustainable but are inconsistent in their actions.
The range of prices scale is based on the following criteria:
$ Refers to Budget accommodation: ranging from $70-100
$$ Medium: $100 – 150
$$$ Upscale: $150 – 200
$$$$ Premium: $200+
These measures are meant to be used as a reference only and they are calculated on double occupancy, standard room, quoted in U.S. Dollars and include a 13% sales tax; on both high and low seasons.
You can always refer to these prices as selection criteria.