Caño Negro & Rio Frio Boat Tour
This tour takes you from your hotel in Arenal to Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, one of the most bio-diverse areas in Costa Rica.
You will enjoy a 2 ½ hour boat journey through tropical rainforest and marshlands in the company of a naturalist bilingual guide. During the tour, you will be sure to spot the diverse wildlife (particularly bird species) that calls this region home.
Four things to acknowledge about this tour:
1. This tour goes is in a very warm and humid area
2. It does not involve any walking.
3. Wildlife sightings are expected (Monkeys, lizards, iguanas, and lots of birds) but cannot be guaranteed.
4. We include water, juices and cookies while on tour. Be mindful of garbage please.
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish)
- Boat tour
- Fruit juices
- Typical lunch
- Bottled water.
- Light clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Insect repellent
If it rains, is it worth it?
Absolutely yes! This is the rain forest. And the boat is fully covered and animals and birds are used to rain.
No health restrictions for this tour